I can’t believe it’s already been a month since I last did this! With the blur that was this past month, I’m even happier that I decided to track Little Hiccup’s progress.
We had LH’s four month check-up on Thursday and his stats according to the WHO chart were:
- 27.75″ long or an avg 8 month old. As you can see, he’s still about the size of a king size pillow, so I guess that comment wasn’t very accurate last month. I think I had the pillow further away last time.
- 17.75″ head circumference or an avg 9 month old
- 17 lbs or an avg 6 month old. A big baby but lean; he’s lower than the 25% as far as weight-for-length percentiles
Here’s what happened over the last month:
- FIRST REAL GIGGLE!
- FIRST TOOTH!! Yup, we have early teethers in this family. It’s been below the surface for months now, but exactly a week ago was visible under his gums (pictured right), which made for a rough 1/2 a week! It finally poked through on Wednesday, 7/25/12, the day before he turned 4 months! This is what it looks like today (the small rough bump you see on the bottom, front, left ) :
- Bald spot across the back of his head. Hubby calls him “Friar”
- Feet about the same size as his 2.5 yr old brother’s hands. Um, I think we might have the human equivalent to a Great Dane puppy on our hands… uh oh!
This is what Little Hiccup can do at four months of age:
- Sit in his Bumpo
- Roll over on the ground
- Resist falling asleep like no one’s business…
- Interact with me from across the room
- Play in his Jumparoo (and babble to the dog):