Can you believe it?!
Yup, I also feel like I start every one of these posts the same way. But seriously. I ask again: Can you?
Maybe the slightly more rested version of me sitting here at my desk can believe he’s that old. The version of me with 8 uninterrupted hours of sleep under my belt for the first time in… well, who knows and let’s not push the limits of my brain right now. I got sleep, but I’m still not quite back to “normal”, if you can call any version of me normal.
Today he is 8 months old on the dot. Actually, in many ways, I can’t believe this punkin arrived only eight months ago. After seven months of a consistent state of MESS, life in our household is starting to look almost rhythmic. Slightly.
As for Wyatt, he fits right in as if he was always here. He’s a chill, happy, go with the flow kind of guy.
Unless he’s sick, of course, in which case he’s so cuddly, sweet, and sad and breaks my heart into tiny pieces, with this face:
I know, who thinks to take a picture? I couldn’t help myself.
In other news, W’s quickly approaching the crawling stage. He frequently rolls off his butt and onto his tummy and then pushes up onto all fours. I’m a little nervous about what crawling will mean for my sanity, but excited about what it’ll mean for my figure. I know the days of writing a blog post (aka, right now) while both boys are awake are quickly fading.
Though I’m a little sad he’s growing so quickly, I know each milestone brings new fun and that’s what makes parenthood so cool.
Here are this month’s bullet points:
- 7 teeth and probably 8 soon
- 19 lbs about two weeks ago
- grinds his teeth together all the time (it’s kind of like nails on a chalkboard :/)
- scoots himself across the floor on his belly
- starting to push up on all fours, as I mentioned already
- can sleep up to 12 uninterrupted hours at night, though he’s not exactly consistent
- he really plays with toys now and can keep himself entertained for up to 30 minutes (again, when he’s not sick and clinging to me)
- starting to show signs of separation anxiety with me, meaning he likes to know where I am at all times