Yesterday, I was feeling pretty optimistic about the week. The sun was out for the first time in days, I made it to my first Zumba class at my gym, and I tracked every.single.food I stuck in my mouth. For one day.
Guess what? One day doesn’t really make up for a week of “eh” days.
So, I’m not thrilled with my week. This week, for most of the week, I:
- didn’t meal plan so I made food decisions while feeling very hungry and stressed
- tracked what I was eating until about half way through the day and then ate whatever I wanted after that (bad idea)
- didn’t drink enough water
I know, I sound very negative in this post. That’s because my weigh-in wasn’t what I wanted to see. But, there were good moments for me this week, too.
On the two best days, I had a lot of energy, was more productive, and just felt the happiest. Those days I:
- drank lots of water
- made it to the gym
- tracked everything and did my best to keep the points for each meal low
- snacked a lot on fruits and vegetables
- I went to bed earlier
Want to know what else? The days that everything came together were the days I had my quiet time for prayer and meditation first thing rather than squeezing it in later. Prayer and meditation time are just as important in a healthy body as food and activity. Probably more important.
Anyway, I didn’t lose anything this week. In fact, I gained a pound. Luckily, I can still see my progress elsewhere!
This week’s stats:
- Weight: 169.5lbs
- Waist: 32.5″ (no change)
- Hips: 41″ (-1″)
- Bust: 37.5 (-1″)
How was your week?